It is that time of year again that we ask you to either renew or join the SFPO Association. Our membership runs from 1 October 2018 to 30 September 2019. This is a voluntary membership and we hope we can rely on your support for the next year.
A strong and proactive Rate Payers Association is essential if we are going to hold our Municipality accountable for the infrastructure and services we rely on as property owners, residents and business owners in St Francis Bay. The strength of our St Francis Property Owners Association (SFPO) is dependent on both the number of members we have, the commitment of our Association’s Committee members (who are volunteers) and the quality, efficiency and friendliness of our Office Administration.
The Association’s Committee represents the whole of St Francis Bay. Your membership contribution enables us to run a small administration office, monitor service delivery from the Municipality, and invest in important community projects. Over the past year we have completed the following projects :
- Clearing the Village Common
- Refurbishing the cricket nets on the Village Common
- Submitting proposals to the Municipality to develop sporting facilities on the Village Common
- Donating two bicycles for the St Francis SAPS pedal patrollers
- Co-sponsoring the St Francis Rocks community music event in December
- Keeping you informed with a regular newsletter and input on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/SFPOSavingStFrancis/) and our website (stfrancispropertyowners.co.za/), as well as regular liaison with our local media
- Establishing a Self Rating Area for the Canal and Village properties to raise a levy to fund the restoration of our river, beach, spit, roads, and security (installing a network of CCTV cameras with 24/7 monitoring). This SRA will, we hope, be extended to the rest of St Fancis Bay in due course as it is the only way we can restore our town’s infrastructure, and ensure our property investments grow in value (comparable to other successful coastal towns and cities in South Africa)
- Assisting the Municipality in a number of areas by facilitating :
> the formulation of their own internal organisational strategy
> improvement of their ICT capability
> the formulation on an Energy Policy to attract inward investment in renewable energy eg solar
> the formulation of a Tourism growth strategy and capability
> the development of an Ocean Economy proposal for Kouga (including St Francis Bay) submitted to the national Phakisa development programme. This is an application for significant investment to develop that part of our infrastructure required to develop our Ocean Economy
- Reviewing the Aesthetic Guidelines that govern the building themes that exist in St Francis Bay
- The application for funds from the Kouga Wind Farm to pay for the upgrade of the primary pedestrian pathway linking our CBD with the Sea Vista township. This application has been successful and work will begin shortly
Each of our Committee members also participate on the committees of other organisations in St Francis Bay to ensure communication is open and effective across our community. These organisations include : the Ward 12 Committee, the SFPO NPC, the SFPO Santareme Committee, the St Francis Bay Canal Home Owners Association, the Joint Kromme River Association, The St Francis Bay Police Sector Forum, The Disaster Volunteer Group, Rotarians, and the Kromme Eco-Trust.
As you will see the SFPO Association has made a meaningful contribution to the development of our town and the interest of property investors in St Francis Bay over the past year. We need your support as property owners. We hope we have met, or possibly exceeded, your expectations as your Rate Payers Association. If we have, then please renew your membership if you are an existing member, or jin the SFPO Association as a new member.
The subscription fee for 2018-2019 is 500.00 per annum or R330.00 for pensioners.
In addition, we have introduced a special membership for corporates at R500.00.
Subscriptions can be paid either by EFT to our bank account or in cash at our office.
Banking details are:
St Francis Bay Residents Association
Standard Bank Humansdorp
Bank Code: 050015
Account No.: 08 249 9276
Please quote your name and Erf. No. as reference.
Should you have any queries or concerns, our office is open from 8.30 to 1pm daily.
St Francis Property Owners Association