June 2016 Newsletter
Greetings to all St Francis Property Owners and Residents from our lovely seaside village. We are very pleased that the DEDEAT issued their authorisation for the repairs to the Beach revetments and the Spit on the 1st of June. There was a period of 20 days allowed for appeals. We have requested some amendments that allow us a little more flexibility in doing emergency repairs to the Spit. We are working with the Kouga Municipality to finalise an agreement in which the Municipality will authorise the NPC (Not For Profit Company) to manage the Beach and Spit repairs. The SFPO set up this company to do all the restoration work we plan to do on St Francis’ infrastructure i.e. the River, Beach, Spit, Roads, Stormwater Drains and Sewerage. This is the same company that we are asking all property owners to make their donations to.
We are pleased to announce that the NPC has hired Greg Miller as a full-time Manager to manage all infrastructure projects we undertake. Greg will start work with the NPC mid-July. Many of you will know Greg from the 3 years he spent as the Canal Manager with the Riparians Association, and following that as a member of the Riparian Committee.
We have organised meetings in:-
- Johannesburg (Thursday 21 July at the Inanda Country Club in Sandton – 18:00),
- St Francis Bay (Monday 25 July at The Links – 17:30 for 18:00),
- Port Elizabeth (Tuesday 26 July at the Old Grey Club – 17:30 for 18:00).
The purpose of these meetings are to update you on:-
- the Beach and Spit authorisation (Phase 1)
- what is required to complete the EIA for Phase 2 in which we restore the River, Beach and Spit
- present the Master Plans and Estimated Costs for the work we propose doing on restoring our Roads, Stormwater Drains and Sewerage.
This will give us a good understanding of how much money we need to raise to repair and restore our infrastructure.
For those of you in other areas but will be either in Johannesburg; St Francis Bay or Port Elizabeth over the dates mentioned above please feel free to attend the meetings.